Monday 19 October 2009

Research for my Portfolio Website

Monday 19th October, 15:59pm

Following a lecture given by Mark Shufflebottom, I took a real interest in the elements of design, and particularly, shapes. With my site in mind I started looking at some information on the symbolisms of shapes. A basic site I found that described these symbolisms was:

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/simple-symbol-meaning.html

It presented me with what could be described as a stereotypical representation on the symbolisms basic shapes such as Circles, Squares and Triangles carried. When looking at this site I wanted to use my portfolio site as a test. I am going to use my homepage as a choice; by splitting my homepage into thirds I could use these fundamental shapes to determine a design and colour scheme and offer the user a choice. This should enable me to maximise my target audience and also show my versatility with regards to web design.

I am going to try and produce a basic sketch of the sites homepage and hopefully a photoshop document with the layout and a general design for each of the three sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment